Vistana Heights - Water meter problem (8)


                                                    Is the above for public consumption only?

Here is an email I wrote to the professionals and DBKK today, 27.10.2022

Water meter problem at No 15 Vistana Heights for immediate action

On 6.10.2022 I telephoned the architect of Vistana Heights to complain about the non-action by the management team and developers of Vistana Heights.  Mr. Jonathan Lee abruptly cut me off by saying that I should contact the developer as any matter regarding Vistana Heights is sensitive as there is a court case between the owners and the developer.

The consultant engineers gave the same excuse.

PERTUBUHAN AKITEK MALAYSIA, (PAM), had also given the same excuse in a reply dated 14.10.2022 to my email to them dated 29.8.2022.

 

I am aware of the court case where some of the owners have sued the developer for Liquidated Ascertained Damages (LAD). The court has found in favour of the owners. The developer appealed and again the court found in favour of the owners. The case has now been settled with the developer having paid all the claimants.

I fail to understand why a court case pertaining to LAD could be sensitive with regard to construction defects.

The following is an extract from the First Schedule of the Sales and Purchase Agreement;

1 (q) (iii) in the event of any dispute arising as to whether any defect falls within the scope of this clause but without prejudice to the right of the Purchaser to seek legal redress the developer’s architect and engineers shall assist in determining the dispute.

How have the Engineers and Architect assisted in settling this dispute?  

I believe this to be an unbecoming behaviour of professionals when I have said that this could put the residents of Vistana Heights in grave danger. If a large volume of water is discharged into the ground, there is a possibility of a sink hole being created.

The developer and the engineers and architect and DBKK should immediately examine the reason for the water discrepancy and take immediate action regardless of a court case. This is what anyone would expect from a responsible professional/professional body/authority.

 

Here is an extract from my complaint letter to DBKK ‘Complaints on house no 15 (S9) specifically and construction at Vistana Heights, Ira Manis, in general’ dated 10.10.2022 which was copied to the developer, Zaidun Leeng, Architect LYS, PAM Sabah, and IEM Sabah.

Sometime in July 2022, I received the water bill for the whole period from the time the keys were given to me. I studied the water bill and found the water usage and charges to be too high and decided to check with the Water Department. The officers there said that it is not their responsibility as the water is managed by the management of Vistana Heights.

I hope it is a faulty water meter that continues running even when there is no supply of water into the house. Another reason could be a leak in the pipe which could pose a grave danger to Vistana Heights.

Here is an extract of my email to the management of Vistana Heights dated 29.9.2022.

WATER CHARGES

A cursory look at the invoices to me pertaining to water charges will show that something is amiss. My house no 15 has yet to be occupied and the only water usage is for watering the few plants in the garden. They are watered only on non-rainy days. Pray tell me how the meter reading can be as high as quoted by you.

For instance, the meter reading on 1.4.2022 was 0246 and that on 5.7.2022 was 306. That amounts to 60 units. 60 units is equivalent to (60x 2.83 = 169.8 cu meter). That is approximately 56 cu meter per month. * (see note below)

The bill received for the period 11.2.2022 to 7.7.2022, for my house at Golf Garden where my wife and I live is only 83 cu meters. That averages to roughly 83/4.5 months = 18.5 cu meter per month. In addition to watering plants we use water for bathing, cooking and washing clothes.

I would be grateful for an explanation on why there is such a huge difference between the water usage at no 15 Vistana Heights and 21, Golf Garden.

You may also compare your water bill dated 5.7.2022 with that of owners of houses who are already residing at Vistana Heights.

I hope against hope that it is a problem with the water meter. I don’t think it is.

If it is not a problem with the water meter then Vistana heights is in imminent danger.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response within 2 weeks from today, I shall bring this matter to the relevant authorities and the Consumer Association.

I attach a photo of the bill for my house at Golf Garden.

This email is specifically to address this water meter or water leakage problem as it can pose a grave danger to Vistana Heights if it is not a faulty water meter.

STOP being irresponsible!

*- Note: The management company stated in their bill as ‘units’. It may be cubic metres. 

It is time to write to the Housing minister, Datuk Masidi Manjun. 

Thank you and regards from,

Luqman Michel

 

Comments

Luqman Michel said…
Here is my email to DBKK on water waste and the response from DBKK. It is now almost 2 months and nothing has been done.

Dear Sirs,

I am disappointed at your lackadaisical attitude.
When I complained about excessive water usage I expected anyone of you to act immediately.

Please refer to the attached for details.
Regards,
Luqman Michel

DBKK's response

julian.joseph@dbkk.sabah.gov.my
To:beddu.ahmad@dbkk.sabah.gov.my
Cc:luqman michel,jack@dbkk.sabah.gov.my,zainuddin.abdgoyoh@dbkk.sabah.gov.my,esther.chongchiufung@dbkk.sabah.gov.my,fauzie.seni@dbkk.sabah.gov.my
Thu, 27 Oct at 15:19
Selamat Petang


Terima kasih kerana menghubungi Jabatan Pengaduan Dan Perhubungan Awam ( JPPA ), DBKK. Untuk makluman, aduan ini telah dimajukan kepada pegawai yang bertanggungjawab untuk tindakan jabatan bertindak. Sekali lagi diucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana menghubungi Jabatan Pengaduan Dan Perhubungan Awam dalam usaha membantu menambahbaik kualiti perkhidmatan bandaraya Kota Kinabalu.
Untuk memudahkan penyaluran aduan, tuan/puan boleh menyalurkan aduan tuan/puan ke no Whatapp Hotline DBKK No 012-2220220.


 Tuan Beddu / Jurutera Bandaraya Jabatan Kejuruteraan

Mohon dapat membantu aduan seperti yang di dimajukan oleh pengadu yang telah diemail ke Laman Web Rasmi DBKK dibawah. Kerjasama tuan/ puan dalam perkara ini diucapkan berbanyak terima kasih.

Sekian,

'BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA'

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah