Vistana Heights – ordeals of house owners (1)


 


 Prelude

One of my sons' bought a semi-detached house at Taman Puncak Vistana Phase 1A, Iramanis, Jalan Bantayan, Kota kinabalu, Sabah. The cost of the house is more than a million ringgit.

On 19.12.2020, I was handed keys to the house by the developer and was asked to acknowledge receipt. I was also handed a letter from the developer, addressed to my son, re computation of Liquidated Damages for late delivery. A copy of the Occupation Certificate was attached.

On even date, 19.12.2020, I was also handed a notification from DBKK which stated that no renovation shall be carried out without any written approval from the local authorities. I signed the notification stating that renovation plans will be submitted to DBKK in the event we intend to carry out renovation works to the said property.

On 11.1.2020 I WhatsApp messaged Ms. Jessie Lee and told her that there are a few minor complaints that I would like to complain to her. She responded that she is only in charge of building material and transport and that I should talk to Mrs. Lee (Monica).

A few days later, I met Mrs. Lee on site and pointed out the defects. I did not, at that time, complain about the laying of the water pipes in the house compound and the driveway to the house. Mrs. Lee assured me that she will look into the defects but as of today, 26.8.2022, has yet to do so.

I took a photo of the tall lalang (weed) in the compound and forwarded it to my son and suggested using weed killer to wipe them out. My son replied that it would not be environment friendly and asked if there were other ways to get rid of the lalang.

I suggested weeding by using a hoe (changkul) to dig up the roots of the lalang.

I then started digging out the lalang roots. This resulted in the ABS water pipe being cut and water began to spurt out. I turned off the mains and asked Mrs. Lee as to whose idea it was to lay the pipe in the middle of the lawn and about 3 inches from the surface. She immediately retorted that I should not have dug out the lalang. I telephoned a plumber and got the damaged pipe repaired. Subsequently I damaged the pipe at 2 other places and had them repaired.

I have asked both the C&S (Civil and Structural) engineers and M&E (Mechanical and Electrical) Engineers who were the professionals involved in this project and they have both said this (laying of water pipes in the house compound) is not in their scope of work. The architect of the project has not responded to my email. 

One of the Engineers involved in the project informed me that I should check with Water Department. 

I have tried in vain to contact the District Water Engineer, Mr. Doddy Jude Anthony of the water department, (Jabatan Air) by telephone and he has not replied to two of my emails. I shall go to the water department in due course to meet with him and get his feedback. 

Attached are relevant photos:

i.                     The overgrown weeds that needed to be weeded – dug up with their roots.

ii.                   ABS water pipes laid about 3 inches from the surface.

iii.                 Another photo of ABS water pipe that had been laid only 3 inches from the surface.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah