Vistana Heights – Ordeals of house owners (6)


 

Email to Institution of Engineers Malaysia (Sabah)

Not to leave any stones unturned I decided to write to Institution of Engineers (Sabah).

One of the items in their objective which you can read here is: 

To promote honest practice, prevent malpractice and settle dispute points of practice and ethics;

Below is my email to them. I have yet to receive a reply from them.

 

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:iemsabah@gmail.com

Fri, 19 Aug at 14:28

Dear sir,

I have been trying to resolve a few questions on problems encountered

on the purchase of a house by my son, Faisal Luqman at Vistana Heights.

I have listed the questions in the email I have written below to the engineers as well as the architect of Vistana Heights but have had no response from either one.

I have been informed by some well-meaning friends that this is to be resolved by the developer. I believe that may be true but are professionals who designed and subsequently inspected the project not responsible for design defects?

I would be grateful for a response before taking further action.

Thank you and kind regards,

Luqman michel

 

 

 

The following is my email to Zaidun Leeng Sabah

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:zaidunleengsabah@yahoo.com

Mon, 8 Aug at 12:05

Dear Sir,

I am Luqman Michel and I am writing on behalf of my son, Faisal Luqman of house no 15, Vistana Heights.

I have discussed the following with your Mr.Tan since 20.7.2022.

I would be grateful for a response from you before I take this matter up with higher authorities.

The developer of Vistana Heights does not cooperate and does not answer questions raised.

I spoke with the architect Mr.Jonathan Lee of Arkitek LYS on 22.7.2022 who said that he will revert but did not. I emailed him on 1.8.2022 and he has yet to respond.

I have also written to Zls Engineering Management Sdn Bhd on this matter and they have asked me to refer to your office.

There are 3 main matters that I would like to understand further before going to higher authorities.

1. The water pipe, I believe it is called ABS water pipe, in the garden from the front to the back is laid about 3 inches from the top. It is also laid in the middle of the garden. I would have thought that they should have been laid along the drain or the wall/fence between houses 15 and 13.

Digging the overgrown lalang (weeds) resulted in the pipe being damaged in three places.

My question is if this is your design or the slip shot work done by the developer?

2. Water from the eave at the back of the house drips on the cement instead of into the drain and therefore splashes into the kitchen each time it rains.

Similarly, water pours from the middle of the eave in the front portion of the house.

My question is if this is a design fault or the slip shot work of the developer.

3. The driveway is too steep for a Proton Waja to drive up to the car porch.

Who is responsible for this?

Is there a maximum gradient for the driveway that an architect/ engineer should adhere to?

I would appreciate a response from you as soon as possible so that I may take appropriate action.

Sir, a notice has been issued to owners of the units/houses in Vistana Heights that no renovation or repairs may be done outside the fence of the unit. If we cannot drive a standard car up the driveway what are the alternatives we have.

I believe it is not appropriate for unit/house owners to have to fork out money to repair driveways constructed by the developer which cannot be accessed by standard cars.

Thank you and kind regards,

Luqman Michel

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah