Kota Kinabalu Municipal Council upgrade

 


On 18.3.24 the front page headline in our Daily Express was ‘Many things to put right first’. This was with regard to the proposed Municipal Council upgrade. Many Penampang folks complained about many aspects that need rectification before the Municipal Council upgrade.

In 2020, I had complained to the Council about the condition of the basketball court that was destroyed by the Department of Irrigation contractors who came to repair the drain at Golf Garden that had collapsed. I reminded the Council several times since then and despite promises to repair the damaged playground no action has been taken.

 

Here is my email yesterday, 19.3.24, to the Majlis Daerah Penampang.

From:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk

To:PENAMPANG DISTRICT COUNCIL

Tue, 19 Mar at 10:32

Dear Sir,

In November 2020 I wrote an email and followed up with WhatsApp messages to Puan Marcella of Majlis Penampang Daerah about the damage done to the basketball court at Golf Garden.

I sent several reminders to you including an email on 30.9.2022 and another on 8.5.23 and 19.6.23 giving details of my complaint.

On 11.7.23 Daily Express published my complaint and you, the District Council of Penampang, responded by saying that you acknowledge the damage done and would carry out the necessary repairs as soon as you get an allocation.

It is now nearly a year since your promise and no work has been carried out.

A response from you will be appreciated.

Regards,

Luqman Michel

I followed up with an email to the Daily Express as follows.

From:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk

To:sph_dailyexpress@yahoo.com

Tue, 19 Mar at 10:46

Dear Mr. Sidney Skinner,

I refer to the Daily Express article dated 18.3.24, ‘Many things to put right first: Penampang folks on the proposed Municipal Council upgrade.’

Sir, I wish to remind you that in July 2023 you told me that the District Council of Penampang will repair the basketball court at Golf Garden. It is now almost a year since this was promised.

Copied below is my email this morning to the Penampang Council for you to follow up with them.

Thank you and kind regards.

Luqman Michel

 

What Municipal upgrade is the Council talking about when my complaint to them since 2020 has had no action until now.

I telephoned an officer Ms. Fina in the District Office yesterday and asked her to acknowledge receipt of my email and despite promising me I have not received a reply. This is a trick by many of our civil servants which has been going on for years. This is a top down approach as my emails to ministers are not replied. Not one of my several emails to the Mayor of Kota Kinabalu has ever been replied. If these ministers and officers are there just to warm their chairs I’d gladly do that for half the salary they get.

Here is the Daily Express article that appeared in July 2023.

 https://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news/216061/district-council-inspecting-playgrounds-in-penampang/

Comments

Luqman Michel said…
I went to the District Office to talk to the CEO. He was at a meeting. I requested his secretary to get the CEO, Encik Robert Malankig to telephone me. He telephoned me a few minutes ago and assured me that he would get his engineer, Mr. Jonathan, to get the basketball repaired within two months.


Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

My discussion with Stephen Krashen and his team