Correspondences with Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants


For all those who have followed my blog posts in www.myclubexperiences.blogspot.com
It is obvious that John S F Ho had master minded a way to pilfer money from the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host. John SF Ho had convinced many of the past presidents that there is no way his scheme will be discovered by anyone and he had been able to do it until I appeared on the scene.


When I found that the two bank accounts disclosed to the directors and to ROS did not reconcile with the project work done I began to probe and John Ho decided to rally support from his accomplices and managed to expel me with trumped up charges including falsifying information purportedly received from a Parliamentarian Mr. Kim Goldsworthy from US. 

John SF Ho had managed to hoodwink the police officers investigating my report by saying that money spent on purchase of air-conditioners and renovation of club is not criminal breach of trust. The police have been gullible in accepting his explanation. 

ROS has issued a section 13 (2) show cause letter in December and they have been responded to by John SF Ho. ROS has, as of now, not taken any action in suspending the club which is imminent.

Meanwhile, I also started writing to MICPA as they are a professional body and will not be hoodwinked by John SF Ho.

Here are the correspondences in full to and from me and MICPA (Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants)

My first contact with MICPA was via their web-site form. I did not get a response to my first web site post and decided to write my second post as follows.


Luqman Michel
Email
Subject
John SF Ho - an unbecoming behaviour of an MICPA member
Subject Matter
General queries
Message
I had posted a message in this area last week and have not heard from you.
This morning I have sent an email and would appreciate a response.

Regards,
Luqman Michel


 I then decided to write an email and here is my first email to MICPA



luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:micpa@micpa.com.my
4 Mar at 09:57
Dear Sir,
I believe Mr.John SF Ho, a former partner of PMM/ KPMG is in your list of members.

JOHN SF Ho has used his name as an accountant to hoodwink members of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host by opening 3 bank accounts under the club that has not been made known to BOD or to most of the members.

When I questioned the members about the secret bank accounts John SF Ho called for an EGM and had me expelled from the club so that I will not be able to complain to relevant authorities.

On questioning, John SF Ho has deceived ROS and the members saying that not all the bank accounts of the club need to be audited.The 3 secret bank accounts were not audited by internal auditors.

John SF Ho, has also said that balances in all the bank accounts need not be presented to ROS or to all members.

This is a disgrace to MICPA.

Kindly respond.


Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel
(Worked in Ernst and Young when
it was known as Turquand, Young and Co,)



Then I received a response to my complaint on the website as well as my email as follows;


Membership <membership@micpa.com.my>
To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk
Cc:'Salmiah Aliyas'
5 Mar at 09:14       

Dear Mr Michel,

Good morning and thank you for your email. My apologies for not being able to revert to you earlier. Your emails have been received and please allow us some time to review the content and we will revert to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding on the matter.





Kind regards,

SABINA PEREIRA
Membership Services Manager



On the following day, I received an email from the secretary of MICPA as follows:


On Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 08:46:20 GMT+8, MICPA <micpa@micpa.com.my> wrote:


Dear Mr Luqman

Thank you for your e-mail of March 4, 2018.
 We wish to inform you that your complaint have been referred to the Investigation Committee of the Institute for consideration.
  
Regards


FOO YOKE PIN (Mr)
Secretary



I then responded immediately as follows:



luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:MICPA
6 Mar at 09:11
Dear Mr.Foo Yoke Pin,
Thank you for your prompt response.

Attached is a little detail to pass on to the investigating committee.

I look forward to hearing from them and to answer any question they may have for me.
Wish you well,
Luqman Michel

I decided to attach more information and sent the following email:




This was also followed by a prompt response from MICPA as follows;


MICPA <micpa@micpa.com.my>
To:Mr Michel Luqman
9 Mar at 15:33

Dear Mr Luqman

Thank you for your e-mail of March 6, 2018.
We would like to inform you that your attached information on Mr John Ho will be passed to the Investigation Committee for their consideration.

Regards

FOO YOKE PIN (Mr)



Not receiving any further response I wrote the following email:



From: luqman michel [mailto:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, 2 April, 2018 12:50 PM
To: MICPA
Subject: Status of - Further info on Unbecoming of an MICPA member

Dear Mr. Foo Yoke Pin,

I would be grateful if you could please inform me on the status of my complaint
on 4th and 6th March 2018.

Wish you well,

Luqman Michel




 Mr. Foo then responded as follows:



MICPA <micpa@micpa.com.my>
To:'luqman michel'
3 Apr at 10:49

Dear Mr Lugman

We would like to inform you that the Investigation Committee shall convene a meeting soon to discuss on the case and shall update you accordingly.


Thank you and regards


Foo Yoke Pin (Mr)
Secretary



 I was not happy with not receiving any information on the investigation and decided to write again as follows:



To:MICPA
24 Apr at 15:33
Dear Mr. Foo Yoke Pin,

Has the investigation committee convened the meeting yet?

My readers of my blog and FB are eager to find out.

I had informed my readers that the club can fool other authorities but not MICPA.

Wish you well,
Luqman Michel



I followed the above email with another one as follows:


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:MICPA
26 Apr at 14:41
Dear Mr.Foo,

My readers are keen on knowing the outcome of your investigation.

I have prepared my next post for next week as attached.

Please respond so that I may be able to add to my next post.

Wish you well,
Luqman Michel


I did not get any response from Mr.Foo which appeared odd as he does respond promptly.

I gave him enough time and then decided to telephone him on 2nd of May 2018.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah