My emails to Ronny cham &Co and their response


I believe I have enough material to write my fourth book. I am recording this here so that I can copy paste when I am ready to publish my book. 

Mr. Ronny Cham wrote an email to me on 25.11.2022 stating that he is acting for Rosemary Ahping and Della E. Sinidol of Lembaga Pembangunan Perumahan Dan Bandar (LPPB). He said that I had caused to publish in my Facebook account and in my luqman.blogspot.com libelous and defamatory remarks concerning his clients. 

He asked me if I was prepared among other matters:

to propose a reasonable compensation to our clients, of not less than RM2 million each, considering the fact that our clients have been put to immediate loss and damage, shame and ridicule, irreparable disparity and injury to their reputation, professional integrity and good will, and a possibility of loss of employment and deprivation of a reasonable livelihood for them and their families.

 

I was busy with other matters and decided to reply on 20.1.2023 as follows:   

 

From: luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, 20 January 2023 11:50 AM
To: legal@ronnychamco.com
Cc: aduan.lppb@sabah.gov.my; stanley.chong@sabah.gov.my; topwiracorporation@yahoo.com; Rosemary.Ahping@Sabah.gov.my
Subject: Ronny Cham - Request for information for meeting with KKTP

 

Ronny Cham & Co.

Advocates and Solicitors

Jalan Lintas, Kota Kinabalu                                                           By email.

20.1.2023

 

Dear Mr. Cham Nyit Shin,

I refer to your letter ref: 10310.22.11.25.01.r.ok dated 25.11.2022.

A meeting is being arranged with the Housing Controller Sabah of the Housing and Local Government Ministry that you mentioned in your letter. I would be grateful if you could respond to some of my questions below prior to my meeting with the Housing Controller and the other parties concerned.

You said that you are acting on behalf of Rosemary Ahping and Della E. Sinidol of Lembaga Pembangunan Perumahan Dan Bandar (LPPB). I have written to Rosemary and asked her if she had instructed you to act on behalf of LPPB and I have had no response. The legal officer at LPPB said that you are not on the panel of lawyers of LPPB. Please confirm if you did receive written instruction from Rosemary to act for LPPB.

In the said letter you said that I have caused to publish in my luqmanmusings.blogspot.com libelous and defamatory publications and you enclosed some extracts. Could you please let me know what are the libelous and defamatory remarks?

In the extracts enclosed, you included the following articles:

i.                     Intrigued by Messages on Twitter from David Zyngier re: Summer Howarth.

ii.                   My discussion with Stephen Krashen and his team

iii.                 SICC and my email to ROS and their response.

 The above was in addition to the 9 articles I had posted on Vistana Heights.

Please tell me, Mr. Ronny Cham, in what way are the above three articles even remotely connected with your clients or Vistana Heights? Let me remind you of your letter on Locus Standi.

You further mentioned that ‘the development of the said Taman Puncak Vistana was under the jurisdiction of the Housing Controller Sabah of the Housing and Local Government Ministry, and in accordance with the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Enactment 1978 and the rules made thereunder’. Could you please let me know where you got this notion from?

You ought to know that many of the rules had been broken by the developer, Topwira Corporation Sdn Bhd. Among the many rules broken are the few mentioned below:

First Schedule

 

i.                     h) Plans approved and cannot be changed

The plans for the Project and the property has been duly approved by the Appropriate Authority and no alterations to the approved plans shall be made or carried out except as may be required by the Appropriate Authority.

 

Mr. Cham, the original development plan was approved by the approving authorities (DBKK). Were the alterations made instructed by the Appropriate Authorities?

 

ii.                   (i) Good workmanlike manner in accordance with plans and specifications

The property shall be constructed in a good workmanlike manner in accordance with the specifications and plans approved by the Appropriate Authority and agreed to by and between the Purchaser and the Developer. No change thereto or deviation therefrom shall be made without the consent in writing of the Purchaser except as may be required by the Appropriate Authority…

Mr. Cham, the rules above clearly state that no change or deviation from the approved plans shall be made without the consent in writing of the purchaser. Have you seen the consent from the purchasers?

Good workmanlike manner in accordance with plans and specifications will include driveways that are accessible by standard Malaysian cars. However, this is not the case with the development at Puncak Vistana. What is your view?

iii.                 (k) (ii) provide facilities and communal amenities including street lighting, in accordance with the requirements and standards of the Appropriate Authority. On completion of the construction of the above infrastructure the Developer shall do everything possible within its power to have the same taken over and maintained by the Appropriate Authority but until they are so taken over the Developer shall maintain the same at its expense.

Mr. Cham, it is now 3 years since the occupancy certificate was issued. Do you have any idea why the Appropriate Authorities have not taken over the infrastructure?

Mr. Cham Nyit Shin, with the above and more infringement how dare you have the audacity to state that the development of Taman Puncak Vistana is in accordance with the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Enactment 1978 and the rules made thereunder?

The surveyor and architect of Topwira Corporation Sdn. Bhd, have fabricated the as-built survey drawings and the amended development plans to obtain the occupancy certificate. What is your stand on this?

I request you to respond as soon as possible as I believe the meeting among the developer, the housing controller, the consultants etc will be arranged soon after the Chinese New Year.

I shall post this email and your response in my blog to keep my readers informed.

Yours faithfully,

Luqman Michel

The following is their response:

 

legal@ronnychamco.com
To:'luqman michel'
Cc:aduan.lppb@sabah.gov.my,stanley.chong@sabah.gov.my,topwiracorporation@yahoo.com,Rosemary.Ahping@Sabah.gov.my
Thu, 26 Jan at 15:29

Dear Mr Luqman

Our Letter Ref: 10310.22.11.25.01.r.ok

We have no further instructions to act for Puan Rosemary  Ahping and Puan Della E. Sinidol of Lembaga Pembangunan Perumahan Dan Bandar.

Regards

Ronny Cham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah