My email to Mr. Stanley Chong on the leaking pipe at S9 Vistana Heights

 

Dear Mr. Stanley Chong,

I refer to my email to you dated 16.2.2023 where I said, among other matters, the following:

Another problem I had taken to the Housing Tribunal which has not been resolved is that of water leakage due to broken pipe/pipes existing prior to handing over the keys.

The Housing Tribunal has brushed off this complaint saying it is a complaint made after the defect liability period. They do not appear to know about latent defects and the fact that the bills were given to house owners only in July 2022.

For your information, the developer sent a plumber on 14.4.2023 to replace the water pipes that had been buried a few inches from the surface of the soil. He was instructed by the developer to trace the leaking pipe. 

The plumber found the leak under the concrete walkway (apron) at the back of the kitchen. The broken 12mm (1/2 inch) ABS water pipe was then replaced by the developer’s plumber.

On 22.5.23 another leak sprung up on another 12mm ABS water pipe leading to the kitchen sink. The developer’s contractor working at my son’s house S9 (Vistana Heights) discovered the leak and informed Mrs. Monica Lee who then summoned the plumber to do the necessary repair work.

Attached below please find a video clip of the leak under the cement pavement and photos of the pipes.

The 12mm ABS pipe used is not able to withstand the pressure of 8 bars. This was why the pipe had burst under the pavement in the first place and had been leaking even before keys were handed to me on 19.12.2019.

I wrote an email to the M&E engineer on 12.1.2021 complaining about the water pipes and he confirmed on 1.8.2022 (more than one year after my email) that the ABS pipes were approved by Jabatan Air.

On my current discovery that the pipes are of inferior quality I wrote to ZLS Engineering & Management Sdn Bhd on 25.5.2023 and asked:

i.                     if the pipes used are of the quality approved by Jabatan Air

ii.                   if the pipe is Sirim approved

iii.                 is the 12mm ABS pipe capable of withstanding the pressure of 8 bars

iv.                 if he can assure me that there won’t be any more leakages springing up

Zls Engineering & Management Sdn Bhd has yet to respond to my email. However, I now notice that the water pressure at Vistana Heights has been reduced/ lowered. 

Who was responsible for the high pressure of 8 bars which is too high for the 12mm ABS pipe? 

For a video of the leak and photos you may read my post at 

https://luqmanmusings.blogspot.com/2023/05/burst-pipe-at-s9-vistana-heights.html

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah