Complaint to Inquiry Committee


                                                   The above is an image from the internet.
                                             The seating arrangement at our Inquiry Committee
                                             was about the same as above.


On 20.7.2004 (yes, 2004) I made a complaint to the Inquiry Committee on what I believed was conflict of interest and perjury committed by the lawyers who represented Bumiputra Commerce Bank Berhad Vs Luqman Michel and 2 others.


I had written several reminders but never did receive any response from the Inquiry Committee and I finally gave up and destroyed all the documents which I had kept for many years.

On 16.1.2019 I received a letter from the Inquiry Committee saying that the complaint against Messrs Lind Willie Wong & Chin has been set down for 2nd Mention on 18.2.2019.

I immediately telephoned the number at the bottom of the page and requested for any documents they may have on the case and I was sent, via email, my original complaint in 2004.

I attended the mention and managed to convince the committee that this was a case that should be heard. The case was heard on 27.5.2019.

For readers who are interested you may continue reading one of a few emails I wrote to all members of the Inquiry Committee. I am still waiting for a response from the IC.



Inquiry committee
Mahkamah Tinggi Kota Kinabalu
Ground Floor, Komplex Mahkamah Kota Kinabalu,
Kota Kinabalu
10.6.2019

Dear Sirs/ Madam
                            
Re: Complaint against Messrs Lind Willie Wong & Chin

I refer to my complaint dated 20.7.2004 and to the “2nd Mention” meeting held on 18.2.2019.

I have a few questions that I would like a response to. These were questions that I wanted to ask at the hearing on 27.5.2019 but was not allowed by the secretary.

i.                     My complaint was made on 20.7.2004. Why is it that this case was only brought for mention on 18.2.2019? A good fifteen years later.
ii.                   If I have a complaint against the legal fraternity I am to complain to you, but when your conduct itself leaves much to be desired who do I complain to?
iii.                  Your letter dated 16.1.2019 states that this is the second mention. When was the letter for the first mention sent out? Neither Messrs Lind Willie Wong &Chin (complainee) nor I are in receipt of the letter regarding the first mention.
iv.                 A response to the complaint was apparently made by the complainee on 27.1.2005. Shouldn’t I have been informed of the response so that I would have been able to contest the contents of that letter when most things were still fresh in my mind and witnesses and original documents were still available?

With regard to my complaint itself I would like to raise the following points.

1.       I believe I am a meticulous person and would have supplied all the attachments to the documents supplied to you. Now, I am told that you do not have the attachments that I have referred to in my letter to you. Can you confirm that you did not receive the attachments?
2.       Assuming I did not submit the supporting documents then would it not have been incumbent upon you to have demanded same from me?


I will post the rest of this email and two other statements after I have received the response from the IC.

Note: 
The Inquiry Committee is a statutory body established under the Advocates (Inquiry Committee) Rules 1988 with its panel members consisting of senior advocates appointed by the Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak.

It is an independent disciplinary body which will conduct its inquiry into possible instances of professional misconduct under laws and regulations governing the legal profession in Sarawak.

The IC has now been replaced by the Disciplinary Board.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah