My mistakes in my complaint to Advocates Disciplinary Board.



Finally, my case on the complaint to the Advocates Disciplinary Board was heard yesterday.


I had made too many mistakes right from my initial complaint. I shall write about all
my mistakes so that, you, my readers may benefit from my mistakes. The best teachers are
mistakes especially mistakes made by others.

All is not lost; I will have to do my submission by 30.1.2020.

Meanwhile, to start the story …. Once upon a time… No, wrong start.

I read an affidavit filed by a Mr. Know It All (KIA) about a case I know only too well, and saw
many untrue statements made in the affidavit. Many of these lies that tantamount to perjury
ought to be sensed by anyone with a little brain.

The solicitor acting for Mr. KIA had prepared the affidavit and filed it in court.

Of course, solicitors will not know lies committed by their clients, and many improbable stories
are very often true notwithstanding their improbability.

It is not up to a solicitor to believe or disbelieve his client’s statements unless his client’s statements
are inherently incredibly or logically impossible.

I will now have to set out to prove that the solicitor ought to have known that Mr.KIA’s stories were incredible and that the solicitor ought not to have expressed his opinion in the affidavit of Mr.KIA.

The solicitor has quoted a verdict from a case in 1988 – “The solicitors duty to his client does not go
beyond advising him of the folly of making incredible or illogical statements".

Whatever the outcome of the case after 30.1.2010 we can all learn from my story that will continue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah