Should architects be responsible for construction gone wrong?


 

I spoke with Jonathan Lee of LYS Arkitek on 22.7.2022 and followed up with an email on 1.8.2022.

I asked for explanation on 3 matters including the following (the third matter):

3. The driveway is too steep for a Proton Waja to drive up to the car porch.

Who is responsible for this?

Is there a maximum gradient for the driveway that an architect/ engineer should adhere to?

I am informed that the approach road is not laid to the required level as per the original drawings. Please confirm if the road is built as per your drawings.

I would appreciate a response from you as soon as possible so that I may take the appropriate action.

I wrote two emails to Zls Engineering Management Sdn Bhd on 5th and 12th January 2021 requesting information on the question above and did not receive any response.

I have also spoken with an engineer from Zaidun Leeng on the above 3 matters and he has assured me that he will get back to me once he has discussed the matter with his boss once he gets back into the office this week.

There was no reply from Jonathan Lee. On 29.08.2022 I decided to write to Pertubuhan Arkitek Malaysia as follows:

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:info@pam.org.my

Cc:pamsabah@gmail.com,arkiteklys@gmail.com

Mon, 29 Aug 2022 at 05:38

Dear Sirs,

I telephoned Mr.Jonathan Lee of Arkitek LYS on 22.7.2022 and stated the problems

faced by a few house owners at Vistana Heights. Please refer to my emails below

to the architect Mr.Jonathan Lee of Architect LYS and my email to PAM Sabah.

Mr.Jonathan Lee mentioned that he will check his file and get back to me but has

yet to do so.

I am rather disappointed at such behaviour by a professional.

Sir, are architects not responsible for design faults? Are architects not responsible

for wrong construction of driveways that are not in accordance with original drawings?

 My questions that are still waiting for a response from anyone:

i.                     Is there a maximum gradient that an architect and engineer should adhere to when constructing a driveway?

ii.                   Should the professionals such as architects and engineers involved in a construction project not be held responsible for wrong construction of driveways that are not in accordance with original drawings?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah