Summary of stages I have travelled


 

 A summary of events to date.

We can reach the top of a mountain via various routes. Some ways may be easier than others but will lead to the same destination. If there are 7 different ways to reach the top, we won’t use all 7 ways at once. We may try one way today and another, another day.

Many of my friends think that I am too harsh or too direct with my approach to dealing with the Vistana Heights issues.

For the information of new readers, I have taken more than 3 years to come to where I am currently at on the Vistana Heights issues.

I complained to the developer about the house defects as early as January 2020, then to the M&E engineers, after which I did the same to the civil and structural engineers. And only then did I complain to the architect. None of them replied until after a year of my initial complaint (to the developers).  And the M&E engineers were the first among them to reply my email.

Only in August 2022 did I start writing to the officer in charge of roads at DBKK – Mr. Saiman Angak.

I then wrote to Madam mayor on 8.9.2022, after talking with her PA. The PA told me that the buck should stop at Mr. Saiman Angak. She asked me to forward to her the email I sent to Saiman. I did that and she confirmed receipt of the same.

Since there was no response from Mr. Saiman Angak, I went to the complaints department (Pejabat Aduan) at DBKK on 4.10.2022 followed by an email to the officer-in-charge of the complaints section, Mr. Julian Joseph. Mr. Julian Joseph emailed 9 of the top management staff and copied the email to 8 officers at DBKK.

Following the advice from a DBKK engineer, I met up with the Development Manager of LPPB, Puan Della Sinidol, for a short meeting.  

Subsequently, when I was refused another meeting with Della who said that there were no further matters to discuss, I emailed Della and Puan Rosemary (GM) of Lembaga Pembangunan Perumahan Dan Bandar.

When Della and Rosemary did not want to meet nor organise a meeting between the developer and the house buyers I had no choice but to approach the minister of Local Housing Datuk Masidi Manjun. I tweeted him and subsequently emailed him on 27.11.2022. He messaged me on Twitter and told me to write to the permanent secretary Datuk Jamili Nais.

I emailed Jamili Nais and, since I received no reply from him, I sent a hard copy to his office and had it confirmed received by the receptionist on 9.1. 2023.

On 4.1.2023 I wrote to the Deputy Permanent Secretary of Kementerian Kerajaan Tempatan Dan Perumahan (KKTP) – Ministry of Local Housing and Government, Mr. Stanley Chong. I emailed him a reminder on 6.2.2023 and now awaiting a reply from him.   

As you can see I have given all the people I had spoken to directly, by telephone and by email enough time before escalating the matter. 

Recently I started being active on Twitter and LinkedIn and letting others know that they too may complain about matters they are unhappy with.

I will soon post my emails to the officers and ministers on my blog.

I believe I have enough material to write my fourth book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah