Board of Engineers – Continued



This is a continuation of my post on my correspondence with the Board of Engineers.

The BEM wrote and said that the Board will meet on 6.6.2023. I wrote and said that I will await their report on the investigation.

The following are the emails exchanged subsequent to 6.6.2023.

 

On Monday, 12 June 2023 at 04:58:53 GMT+8, luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Dear Puan Zakia,

Please let me know the outcome of your Board Meeting held on 6.6.2023.

I will escalate this matter to higher authorities without further reference to you.

Kind regards,

Luqman Michel

I then decided to collate all the emails to and from BEM to forward to the works minister and saw a typo in my submission to BEM. I then wrote an email to BEM as follows:

From: luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

Sent: Tuesday, 13 June, 2023 8:10 PM

To: Professional Practice Department <ppc@bem.org.my>

Subject: A typo on the date

 

Dear Puan Zakia,

Checking all the documents submitted to you before writing to higher authorities,

I realised a typo on the forms (Borang Aduan) under hal aduan, submitted as follows:

The engineers had on 22.10.2022 written an email to the developer stating the following:

1. Pending for surveyor to amend the as-built drawings for the relevant authorities before they submit for the application of inspection & OC.

The date should have been 22.10.2018 instead of 22.10.2022 as stated.

I regret the typo.

Regards,

Luqman Michel

I read an email this morning, 6.16.23, as follows:

On Thursday, 15 June 2023 at 14:54:26 GMT+8, Professional Practice Department <ppc@bem.org.my> wrote:

Dear Sir,

We took note of your email. BEM has deliberated the case, however, since there is a typo where the date should have been 22.10.2018 instead of 22.10.2022 as stated in the complaint form, BEM has to re-look into the case. Thank you.

Zakiah Musa

Professional Practice Unit

Board of Engineers Malaysia

I immediately replied to the above email as follows:

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To: Professional Practice Department

Fri, 16 Jun at 04:14

Dear Puan Zakiah,

Thank you for your email dated 15.6.2023. I am not sure of the effect of that typo but I hope you will re-look and let me know the outcome of your investigation as soon as possible.

I intend to write to higher authorities.

You may get your members to read my post on BEM

at https://luqmanmusings.blogspot.com/2023/06/board-of-engineers-malaysia-bem.html

Comments on my blog post are welcome.

Regards,

Luqman Michel

The As-Built Survey date is 24.9.2018.

The email to Faisal from the developer stating ‘Pending for surveyor to amend the as-built drawings for the relevant authorities before they submit for the application of inspection & OC.’ is dated 22.10.2018. The plotting date of the survey is 16.4.2019.

Perhaps BEM and/ or the Survey Board may be able to help us by explaining:

i.                     what the engineers could ask the surveyor to amend.

ii.                   why it took the surveyor close to 7 months to plot the survey points.

Since BEM has written an email on 15.6.2023, I will have to wait for at least 2 weeks before escalating this matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah