Mathil – The Wall – A Tamil movie

                                                            



Yesterday, I watched a Tamil movie, Mathil. Directed and acted by K.S. Ravikumar.

I recommend all our Tamil-speaking friends to watch the movie. LINK

The movie revolves around the life of Laxmikanthan, a common man, who takes on a corrupt politician after he damages the wall of his house for an election campaign. Can Laxmikanthan find justice?
Does justice always prevail?

Towards the end of the movie, the corrupt politician is told by his boss that whether he can become an MLA (A member of the legislative assembly) depends on him. He is responsible for ensuring that there is no black mark on him.

 

On the other hand, Laxmikanthan tells the press that if his video is aired the following night, it means he has been murdered by the politician. If the video is not aired, it would mean the wall has been rebuilt.

The whole theme of the movie is to impress upon the public that we should act when necessary so that evil doings by politicians can be eradicated. It is our inaction that causes most of the problems around us.

Laxmikanthan is adamant about what he has learned as a young boy. He will punish the wrongdoer until he apologises. Once a wrongdoer apologises he sets him free.

This brings me back to my episode about my former Lions Club and the guys who were responsible for expelling me. Three months ago I asked a mutual friend to ask Dr. Muthusamy for a meal which I was willing to buy. A meal together among the 3 of us and I will let the matter rest. Muthu declined.

I am not even asking for an apology, just a meal together which I said I would pay for.

Friends have told me that I should forgive and forget. Laxmikanthan says he won’t forgive until the wrongdoer apologises. I tend to think along the lines of Laxmikanthan.

The same thing applies to my complaints about the construction of Vistana Heights. I will not rest until the repair to my son’s house is rectified and the road raised to a reasonable level as instructed by Mr. Stanley Chong Hon Chung, the Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Sabah Ministry of Local Government and Housing. This is a simple request to right the wrong. 

 
Why do people not heed what has been said by our forefathers? A stitch in time saves nine. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

My discussion with Stephen Krashen and his team