Vistana Heights - Ordeals of house owners (7)

Jabatan Kerja Raya (PWD)

Wanting to leave no stones unturned, on 22.7.2022, I decided to telephone JKR. The person in charge of receiving complaints, Ms. Nelly Sakristi (Nellysa) was outstation.

I finally managed to get Engineer Nellysa on 27.7.2022. She said she will check and revert.

On 4.8.2022, George (the house owner of the opposite house) informed me that JKR officers had been to Vistana Heights to inspect.

The following day, Nellysa telephoned me and said that the road ‘Puncak Vistana 1’, is not under the jurisdiction of JKR. She also informed me that she has discussed the matter with the Road and Transport Department Engineer Enc. Saiman Angak. She said that Enc. Saiman will contact me in about a week’s time.

 

I waited until 19.8.2022 and telephoned Enc. Saiman. He was not in his office. Mr.Durie, another Engineer at DBKK, on my request, gave me Enc. Saiman’s email address and I emailed Enc. Saiman.

Following is my email to Enc. Saiman Angak.

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:saiman.angak@dbkk.sabah.gov.my

Mon, 29 Aug at 05:12

Dear Enc. Saiman,

My name is Luqman Michel bearer of IC xxxxxxxx5139.

My son purchased house no. 15 at Puncak Vistana.

The driveway leading into the house from the approach road 'Puncak Vistana 1' is too steep for a standard car, Proton Waja to access.

 

I spoke with the JKR engineer Ms. Nellysa who inspected the access road and

informed me she has briefed you on the matter and that you will contact me.

 

She informed me that the 'Puncak Vistana 1' road is not under the jurisdiction of JKR.

Sir, I would be grateful if you could let me know what course of action you are taking on this matter.

I have been going to the house for 2 years without being able to drive up to the car porch.

I have written to the Engineers and the architect concerned. The engineer has referred the matter to the developer and the architect has not replied.

I have also written to IEM and PAM who have yet to respond.

I hope the buck will stop here and you will resolve this matter.

Attached, please find a photo of my Waja on the driveway. If I drive a little further up the bumper will be broken.

Thank you and kind regards,

Luqman Michel

 

Further questions I have which need answers.

i.                How was occupancy certificate issued for the houses at Vistana Heights when many houses cannot be accessed using standard cars?

ii.                A notice of winding up order was issued to Topwira Corporation Sdn Bhd – the developer- by the High Court on 14.7.2022. What will happen if the company is liquidated? Who will be responsible for repairs of the road?

  Note: If all civil servants are even half as obliging as Ms. Nellysa of JKR, Sabah will be where it  

            should be. I salute her. 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah