Vistana Heights – ordeals of house owners (3)

 


Email to and from C&S engineers – Zaidun Leeng (Sabah) Sdn. Bhd. (Jurutera Perunding Consulting Engineers).

The following are emails to and from Zaidun Leeng (Sabah)Sdn. Bhd.

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:zaidunleengsabah@yahoo.com

Mon, 8 Aug at 12:05

Dear Sir,

I am Luqman Michel and I am writing on behalf of my son, Faisal Luqman of house no 15, Vistana Heights.

I have discussed the following with your Mr.Tan since 20.7.2022.

I would be grateful for a response from you before I take this matter up with higher authorities.

The developer of Vistana Heights does not cooperate and does not answer questions raised.

I spoke with the architect Mr.Jonathan Lee of Arkitek LYS on 22.7.2022 who said that he will revert after checking his files but did not. I emailed him on 1.8.2022 and he has yet to respond.

I have also written to Zls Engineering Management Sdn Bhd on this matter and they have asked me to refer to your office.

There are 3 main matters that I would like to understand further before going to higher authorities.

1. The water pipe, I believe it is called ABS water pipe, in the garden from the front to the back is laid about 3 inches from the top. It is also laid in the middle of the garden. I would have thought that they should have been laid along the drain or the wall/fence between houses 15 and 13.

Digging the overgrown lalang (weeds) resulted in the pipe being damaged in three places.

My question is if this is your design or the slip shot work done by the developer?

(Refer to photos on my first post by clicking here.)

2. Water from the eave at the back of the house drips on the cement instead of into the drain and therefore splashes into the kitchen each time it rains.

Similarly, water pours from the middle of the eave in the front portion of the house.

My question is if this is a design fault or the slip shot work of the developer.

 

3. The driveway is too steep for a Proton Waja to drive up to the car porch.

Who is responsible for this?

Is there a maximum gradient for the driveway that an architect/ engineer should adhere to?

I would appreciate a response from you as soon as possible so that I may take appropriate action.

Sir, a notice has been issued to owners of the units/houses in Vistana Heights that no renovation or repairs may be done outside the fence of the unit. If we cannot drive a standard car up the driveway what are the alternatives we have.

I believe it is not appropriate for unit/house owners to have to fork out money to repair driveways constructed by the developer which cannot be accessed by standard cars.

Thank you and kind regards,

Luqman Michel

I received the following reply from Zaidun Leeng Sdn. Bhd. on 23.8.2022 after I had complained to IEM (Institution of Engineers Malaysia, Sabah Branch). (I will post my email to IEM at a later date)

Zaidun Leeng <zaidunleengsabah@yahoo.com>

To:luqman michel

Tue, 23 Aug at 15:46

Dear Mr. Luqman,

We heard of your concern. As we discussed previously, the first and second items are not under our scope. As for the road issue, we have checked that the design was in order and was approved by council as well as inspected by authority before O.C. At the mean time, we have also spoken to the developer and raised your concern to them, and they will look into the matters more closely.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tan

for ZAIDUN-LEENG (SABAH) SDN. BHD.

Tel: +6088 261815

Fax: +6088 263318

The following is my response which I carbon copied to IEM as well as to PAM:

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:Zaidun Leeng

Cc:pamsabah@gmail.com,iemsabah@gmail.com

Wed, 24 Aug at 06:47

 

Dear Mr. Tan,

 

Thank you for your response dated 23.8.2022 to my email dated 8.8.2022.

Prior to 8.8.2022, we had several telephone conversations and WhatsApp correspondences where you said that the first 2 matters are not in your scope of work but will refer to your boss and revert on the matter of the driveway.

You say that the design of the driveway is in order and inspected and approved by Council.

I refer to point 3 of my email to you dated 8.8.2022 which I now copy below for your convenience.

3. The driveway is too steep for a Proton Waja to drive up to the car porch.

Who is responsible for this?

Is there a maximum gradient for the driveway that an architect/ engineer should adhere to?

I would appreciate a response from you as soon as possible so that I may take appropriate action.

Sir, a notice has been issued to owners of the units/houses in Vistana Heights that no renovation or repairs may be done outside the fence of the unit. If we cannot drive a standard car up the driveway what are the alternatives we have.

I believe it is not appropriate for unit/house owners to have to fork out money to repair driveways constructed by the developer which cannot be accessed by standard cars.

You have not answered my questions above and I would be grateful for specific answers before bringing this matter up to the mayor.

1.       Who is responsible for the driveway design that is too steep for a standard car to drive up?

2.       Is there a maximum gradient that an architect/engineer should adhere to?

 

Mr.Tan, you said that the design is in order, please confirm if the driveway was constructed by the developers according to your design.

You state, in your email, that you have spoken to the developer. I too have spoken to the developer on this matter on 12.5.2022 and written an email to them on 14.5.2022, complete with a photograph of my Proton Waja on the driveway, which has yet to be responded to.

Prompt response from you will be appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards,

Luqman Michel

Attached, please fine a photo of my Proton Waja. On one occasion when I tried driving up higher I ended up breaking one of the front signal lights. With me in the driver's seat and my wife in the front seat the car is unable to get any higher without scraping the front bumper. 

Notes: In 1994 when I was one of 4 directors of Pekway Constructors Sdn. Bhd. I was asked to manage the construction of phase 3 of Austral park (behind KK High School). The C&S engineers were Zaidun Leeng Sdn Bhd. When I saw the plans for phase 3 I noticed that most of the houses were to be accessed by steep driveways. I met with Mr.Heng of Zaidun Leeng and insisted that he redo the design. After a lengthy discussion/argument Mr. Heng relented and all the houses had flat driveways into the car park.

Those interested may view the driveways into some of the houses in phase 1 and compare them with those in phase 3.

You may find the testimonials from my former boss of Pekway Constructor Sdn Bhd. Click here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah