My email to Sabah State Sewerage Services Department (JPPS)
JPP SABAH DIRECTOR - Formal Enquiry: Infrastructure Overload & Operational Inefficiencies at Penampang RSTP
Luqman Michel <luqmanmichel@gmail.com>
Fri, Jul 24, 1:57 PM (1 day ago)
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Pembetungan Sabah, which translates to the Sabah State Sewerage Services Department.
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing as a concerned rate-payer and resident of Sabah regarding the long-term operational sustainability and financial management of the Penampang Regional Sewage Treatment Plant (RSTP) located at Jalan Pintas, Penampang.
Historical records and site observations indicate that during the wet season, the sewerage network suffers from severe Inflow and Infiltration (I&I). High groundwater and stormwater enter the dedicated sanitary sewer lines due to structural cracks, unsealed manholes, and legacy pipeline mismanagement stemming from the period prior to the JKR asset handover in 2013. As a taxpayer funding these municipal utilities, I am formally requesting clarity on the following public-interest matters:
Chemical and Electrical Variances: What is the average percentage increase in expenditure for water-treatment chemicals (coagulants, polymers, disinfectants) and electrical power (aeration blowers) during peak monsoon months compared to the dry season?
Grit and Silt Management: What are the annual logistics and tipping-fee costs associated with vacuuming, clearing, and carting away the heavy influx of road sand, silt, and debris that infiltrates the localized pumping stations?
Grid Mitigation: What active structural rehabilitation or pipe-lining projects are JKR and DBKK currently undertaking to seal these legacy leaks, given that synchronized pump overloads during downpours directly contribute to regional electrical load-shedding?
We cannot continue to utilize public funds to treat stormwater at the expense of our regional electrical stability.
I look forward to your transparent, professional response on how these structural issues are being corrected.
Thank you.
You may read my post at: LINK
Luqman Michel

Comments