Sabah Indian Chamber of Commerce and my dilemma

 

                                       A file photo of SICC committee members from yesteryear.  


They say history repeats and I have seen History repeating itself numerous times in my life.

I believe, most of my readers know the ordeal I went through with the perpetrators of multiple secret bank accounts in my former club Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.

Something that could have been nipped in the bud went to the extent of the club being deregistered. You may read more in my blog. LINK

 

My ordeal with the Sabah Indian Chamber of Commerce (SICC) started about 4 years ago when I first told the then secretary, the late Ganesh Nandi that our Annual Report is dated wrongly. It fell on deaf ears.

Again I brought up this matter with the Chairman, Dato Jothi, in the middle of last year, 2021.

Basically, a Club or Society having a year-end on 31st December makes out its Annual Report for the year reported. It will be Annual Report of the Year 2019 or 2020 or 2021 etc.

For a club or society ending on any date other than 31st December it will be: Annual Report for the Year 2018/2019; 2019/2020; 2020/2021 etc. This is simply because the financial account is spread over 2 different years. The Lions clubs have a year end on 30th June and so its Annual Report will always be as stated in this paragraph.

I explained this in as detail as possible to Dato Jothi. He brushed it off stating that MAICCI has always reported it the way SICC is doing.

On a second coffee shop talk on some other matter Dato Jothi brought the annual Report of MAICCI to substantiate his stand. I told him that MAICCI has made a mistake and that we should not follow them blindly.

I then decided to write to ROS HO and get their view. ROS replied promptly and said that my understanding is correct. They said that I should bring this matter up with the ROS office in which SICC is registered.

In October 2021, I sent 2 emails to the secretary, Mr.Ganesan and attached the email from ROS. Ganesan said that he will get professional opinion and revert. I did not hear from him after that.

On 11.6.2022 I received a notice of AGM to be held on 2.7.2022 and one of the agenda is : To receive and adopt the annual report for the year 2021-2022.

As a committee member I feel I should bring this up at the AGM. I also know that this will ruffle the feathers of the Chairman and the Secretary.


To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah