Malaysia - wait and see attitude by government departments

 


It is now 2 months since my last post on this blog.

I have tried everything I can think of since 2019 when the keys were handed over to me.

The wait and see attitude of our government departments of Malaysia is deplorable. 

 

i.                    I complained to the developers.

ii.                  August 2022 – I started my blog and started writing about the ordeals of house owners at Vistana Heights.

iii.               I wrote to the engineers involved: M&E engineers Zls Engineering Management Sdn. Bhd & The C&S engineers Zaidun Leeng (Sabah) Sdn. Bhd.

iv.                I wrote to the architects LYS Arkitek.

v.                  I wrote several Emails to DBKK and met up with officers from DBKK.

vi.                I emailed the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (Sabah)

vii.             I met officers from Lembaga Perumahan dan Bandar (LPPB) also known as Housing and Town Board Authority.

viii.           I wrote to Daily Express who published an article in the Daily Express dated 8.2.23.

ix.                I wrote to Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia.

x.                  I wrote several emails to the Mayor of Kota Kinabalu who never responded to any of my emails.

xi.                I wrote to YB Phoong Jin Zhe who did not even bother to come to visit the site despite several promises.

xii.              I wrote to our minister of Housing at that time Datuk Masidi Manjun who messaged me on Twitter and asked me to get in touch with his permanent secretary Datuk Jamili Nais who never did reply my letter to him.

xiii.           I wrote to our chief Minister Datuk Hajiji.

xiv.           Mr.Stanley Chong, deputy permanent secretary of KKTP – Ministry of local Housing and Government, at a meeting held on 10.3.2023 said that the road will be done up but to-date this has not been fulfilled.

xv.              The Sabah Surveyor’s Board (Lembaga Jurukur Sabah) finally came to do a survey to confirm the height of the road and the height of the house platform on 28.6.23. The deputy directors of Land & Survey, Sr Saat Durasit,  who was present assured me that a report will be extended to me once it is plotted. This has yet to happen.

xvi.           I wrote to YB Datuk Shahelmey Yahya.

xvii.         I wrote to the Director of Land and Survey Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min who did not even have the decency to reply my email.

xviii.       Finally, on 18.3.2024 the Board of Architects wrote to me asking me to supply survey points of the road height and platform height which I did and have submitted to them.

As is usual in Malaysia all the government departments sit and wait hoping that this problem will just vanish.

Now that I have finished my accounting work I will start writing to the new mayor and other departments and continue pursuing this matter.

Comments

Luqman Michel said…
Here is a comment on Facebook by a reader of this post.

Kandiah Namas
It is an open secret why the L&S and LJS are dragging their feet in your matter. They have possibly found that your claims are legitimate and that the LS who did the As-Built survey erred in submitting a survey that didn't confirm the true ground topography. The best they can do now is to re-do the road to enable easy access to your parking and close the file. On the other hand, if they use delay tactics to evade the issue they would possibly be in a worse situation, as time passes. Perhaps by the time some of the officers have retired and/or moved away; they may be trying to evade the issue for now, hoping that would happen.

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

My discussion with Stephen Krashen and his team