Vistana Heights – ordeals of house owners (2)

                                                                                     

                                                                     ABS water pipes

 

Emails to and from M&E engineers- Zls Engineering Management Sdn. Bhd.

I emailed the M&E engineers on 5.1.2021 and again a reminder on 12.1.2021. I did not receive a reply to my 2 emails.

On 1.8.2022, more than 1 ½ years after my first email, I decided to email again as I needed clarification on water dripping from the eaves of the building.

Only then did I receive a response from the M&E engineers.

Here is my first email dated 5.1.2021.

On Tuesday, 5 January 2021, 14:56:32 GMT+8, luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Dear Mr. Sean,

My name is Luqman Michel and I am writing on behalf of my son who bought a semi-detached house at Vistana Heights. My son is currently in the US and I am looking after the house.

 

Sir, the garden was overgrown with lalang when the occupancy certificate was issued. My son did not like the idea of spraying the lalang with chemicals as it will pollute the air. So, we decided to dig up the roots of the lalang.

 

When we started digging the soil we accidentally cut some of the water pipes laid.

 

I would like to know if the design required the pipes to be buried in the middle of the lawn area. I would have thought that the pipes should be buried close to the drain.

 

Furthermore, and more importantly the pipes were laid about 2 to 3 inches from the surface which I also believe is the wrong depth for water pipes to be laid.

 

I would like to receive a response from you before taking this matter up with the developer.

 

I wish you well.

Stay safe.

Luqman Michel

The following is my 3rd email sent on 1.8.2022:

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:zlsemsb@gmail.com

Mon, 1 Aug at 10:41

Dear Sirs,

I wrote to you on 5.1.2021 and again on 12.1.2021 as per the attached emails but did not get a response.

 

In addition to the question I posed in the emails below, I have another matter I would like your clarification on, please.

 

When it rains water from the eave at the back of the house drops on the floor instead of the drain and splashes into the kitchen.

 

Is this a design defect or is it due to faulty workmanship?

 

I would like a response before bringing this matter to higher authorities.

Thank you and kind regards,

Luqman Michel

Here is the response received on 1.8.2022 from the M&E engineers, Zls Engineering Management Sdn Bhd:

Sean C.Y.Chee <seanchee76@gmail.com>

To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk

Mon, 1 Aug at 11:43

Good morning sir

 

Sorry for the late reply, previously i thought the developer ms jessie lee had communicated with you on this matter.

 

first and foremost the matter had been inspected by the DBKK and OC had been obtained much earlier. the project was completed more than 10 years ago.

 

normally the pipes should be much deeper as per jabatan air requirements. this was not instructed by us.

 

the pipe materials are as per the approved jabatan air standard.

 

for the external pipes and manholes, normally is the scope of the c&s engineer.

 

on our stand, we are of the opinion that it is a workmanship issue as all the drawings had been approved by the authorities.

 

we strongly recommend that you refer directly to the developer and management team. 

 

best regards

sean

Here is my response to the M&E engineers on the same day I received their email.

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>

To:Sean C.Y.Chee

Mon, 1 Aug at 14:09

Hello, again Mr. Sean Chee.

 

Thank you for your response.

 

No! Ms. Jessie Lee did not communicate with me on this matter at all.

 

No, sir, the OC was obtained just over 2 years ago. Since then there has been a legal

tussle between a number of house owners and the developer over the issue of the LAD.

 

Thank you for informing me that the laying of the water pipes should be according to

Jabatan Air. I have no issues with the material used.

 

I shall contact the C&S engineers on this matter.

 

Thank you, Mr.Sean Chee, I had been in touch with the developer who does not want to discuss these matters.

 

I want to leave no stones unturned before bringing this matter to higher authorities.

 

I wish you well.

 

Thank you.

 

Luqman Michel

 

Notes:

1.     It would make life easier if professionals respond to serious questions asked as promptly as possible.

2.     As mentioned in my first post, Ms. Jessie Lee said she is not the person to deal with such matters.

3.     If the matter was inspected by DBKK, does it mean that the engineers and architect are not responsible for design defects. I would believe that signatures from the engineers and architect would be required before inspection and approval by DBKK.

4.     The C&S engineer has recently written (we will examine this in my next post) in response to my question stating that it is not in their scope of works either. If the C&S engineers and the M&E engineers are not responsible for such blunders, then who is?

5.     The architects (Arkitek LYS) despite saying that they will respond have yet to respond.

6.     I wrote 2 emails to the Engineer in charge at the Water Department who has not responded.

Comments

Luqman Michel said…
Comment on FB by a friend.
Kai Jian Hua
I can see the hot potato is being passed around. When problems arise, everybody tries to avoid taking responsibility. Is it such a difficult task to fix the said defect?
Luqman Michel said…
Mr. Kai Jian Hua. I have spoken to Ms. Jessie Lee and Mrs. Lee (Monica) from the developer's office.

I have also written to the developer and they have not responded. The engineers and the architect do not reply to direct questions.

Yes, this reminds me of the Chinese proverb 'xiao dong bu bu, da dong chi ku'.

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah