Water leakage and possible sink holes in the future

 


There have been several articles in our Daily Express about water woes in Sabah.

On 10.3.2023 when I mentioned the water leakage at S9 (Lot 15) at Vistana Heights many of the professionals including one of 2 residents of Vistana Heights, who were present at the meeting badgered me into answering their question on how much is the water bill for Lot 15.

As mentioned by me several times the most stressful thing is to deal with idiots who cannot think.

I am concerned about the water being discharged underground due to leakage in the pipe that has already caused the perimeter drain to sink. LPPB spokesman, Mr. Andy Osman, when he inspected the crack and sinking of the drain commented that this is a serious problem. LPPB assured me that the M&E Engineer will come to inspect and like all promises made by LPPB this has still come to pass.

They don’t seem to fathom that it is not the cost of water charged but the quantity of water discharged into the ground that is my concern.

They have no idea that the drain at lot 15 has already sunk and if I do not shut off the main, in the future, there is a possibility of a sink hole somewhere further down.   

The professionals arrogantly asked me to show where the sink hole is.

Do they know how the sink holes around Kota Kinabalu were created and roads caved in as a result? I am more than willing to educate these guys as I educated a number of members of IEM in 2017.

KKTP’s solution to this problem was for me as the house owner to find out where the leak is and to repair it and pass the bill to the developer.

KKTP had also categorically said that the defect liability period (DLP) is not over due to the extension of the DLP due to Covid19.

I would like to find out if it is true that any defects found during DLP is to be repaired by the house owner and not the developer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My email to Datuk Sr Bernard Liew Chau Min - director of Land and Survey

CORRUPTION

Service of Land & Survey Department of Sarawak and Sabah